Saturday 3 April 2010

A Hak-Kuai

was standing at the counter at Speedmart99, Puchong when my cuzzie, Leah and I went in.

We headed directly for the:


potato chips section




and we minded our own business and chatted like how normal chatters chat.



then I saw him pretending to look for stuff padahal he was walking at the end of every aisle to search for Leah and I. I'm so positive because I can read certain body languages, and I had a strong feeling he was out to get us.



Trying not to scare my cousin, I did not warn her, which I should have.

Suddenly, while explaining some big plans I had for my cousin's NIE project, I heard a strong accent which somewhat sounded like an 'excuse me'.

Shocked, I didn't know whether to be polite and smile and walk away, or be extremely rude and completely ignore that person. I chose neither.

I spoke to my cousin in Hokkien, saying "pretend we don't speak and understand English". Luckily the banana of a cousin understood that simple sentence. Then we calmly walked the opposite direction with shaking legs.

It was either we make a dash and run back to the art studio, or to call my aunt. I did the latter.
My aunt stomped her way to Speedmart with my other cousin and the art studio's kakak and the 3 of them barged into the store.

Hands on her hips she scanned through every single aisle to look for that person.

I quickly grabbed my chips and as I paid my aunt turned her back against me. She apparently saw the black guy peeping at the whole group of us.



One thing I learnt from this experience:
I'm not being a stereotype, but a lot of African people like fat girls. I got the hint. Thanks.


3 comments:

NicholasIceGhost said...

wot..u no fat..he shud hv taken my owner..i wud hv paid him to take her..far far away from me..

wow..ur word verification for me is...caution

brian said...

When I was growing up, basically the only black men on television were criminals or Flip Wilson dressed in drag as a character called Geraldine. But you rarely had black professionals portrayed in the culture.

chLoe said...

haha, ice!!!

brian, huh?